1.2

So much wrong with this rental/management company, I'm not even sure where to start. My sister and I needed a place in Los Angeles for the week of a surgery I was having. It needed to be quiet, smoke-free and above all, clean.

This place was NONE of those...contrary to the pictures they show in their ads online.

Unbeknownst to us, it faces the rear of a restaurant and industrial area. You know - where they receive deliveries and work outside with large machinery, from 6am on?

It was FILTHY, and looked as though not one renovation, upgrade, or fix had been completed since the 80s.

Floors so soiled and grimy, they left our bare feet black...we needed to wear shoes or sandals, INSIDE, during our entire stay. Plastic-covered, gaudy, furniture, obviously several decades old. Gouges on the walls. Non-operational light fixtures. Cigarette smoke leeching in from LOUD, upstairs renters. Creaky beds that not only made noise all night, but one of which broke down our very first night. The walls and door frames were dirty, and clearly hadn't even been cleaned, let alone painted, in years. The bathroom floor tiles were cracked and soiled. As were the tubs - filth in every visible crevice, with old, cracked, grimy caulking. HVAC registers that were caked with rust, dust and dirt. Most smoke detectors were removed, with their broken frames left hanging from the ceilings. Unidentifiable gunk caked to the aged dining room table. Beat-up furniture throughout the rest of the apartment - when there even was furniture. There were NO dressers at all, and very few hangers in the bedrooms. I could go on for hours.

The ONLY saving grace here, was that there weren't rodents or cockroaches - which we truly expected, after experiencing the place for just one night.

We attempted to have the management company ("Best LA Short Rentals," who acts as a very tight go-between for the owners of this trap), not only clean up some, but remunerate us for this stay, to no avail. Apparently, according to a local friend of ours, this company (and others like it) preys on college students who need to stay in this area, on the cheap, and pack several students in when they do. But the management company seemingly doesn't repair or renovate. They simply keep renting it out, as is - and apparently don't care about your stay, or welfare.

I was a landlord for nearly 15 years, and would not only never have allowed my place to fall into such disrepair and squalor, but would have been taken to court if I had.

This place is absolutely horrible - and a despicable business practice.

All of the above lended to one of the definitively worst hospitality experiences I've ever had, in over five decades on this planet.

The owners should be ashamed. And the rental company ("Best LA Short Rentals,") covering up these atrocities for the parent company, should be ashamed.

Me? I came home and took a long, hot shower. And even then, I felt dirty for having this experience.

Review about: Best La Short Rentals Sanitary Conditions.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: It was a room.

I didn't like: Too much wrong to even list.

Comments